I have a text field with auto complete that allows a user to choose a
name from the list and when that name is selected that name is taken out
of the list of available username to select from.

Today I got notification that someone using my app uses Safari and the
described functionality doesn't work in Safari. In order to make it work
I thought I might be able to do some kind of browser detection and then
have it display a normal dropdown instead of the auto complete, and then
I found that won't work because that list is just to big to be displayed
in a normal drop down, which leads me back to the auto complete.

Has anyway got text_field_with_auto_complete to work in a Safari
browser?

Thanks,

-S