hi i m new to rails i need to know the => which is the best way to create
Database table in Rails?

1) *rails generate model User name:string email:string*
this will create a migration file with something like this

class CreateUsers < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def change
    create_table :users do |t|
      t.string :name # *see here name column is already made becoz we have
passed a parameters*
      t.string :email # *same as above*

      t.timestamps
    end
  endend

this is one method

2) *rails generate model Page*
this will create a empty migration file something like this

class CreatePages < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def change
    create_table :users do |t|
      ===>>  *now we can add here like t.string "name" to create column
manually* ========>>>>>
      t.timestamps
    end
  endend

So which is the good way to do above things example 1 or example 2?
Please tell.

and if i have to write a drop_table method in migration, can i write in the
way which i showed below

class CreateSubjects < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def change
    create_table :subjects do |t|
      t.string "name"

      t.timestamps

  def self.down
    drop_table :subjects

So again same question *which is the good way to do above things example 1
( model with parameter ) or example 2 ( model without parameter )?*
Thanks for Taking Time to Read.