Recently I started a new side-project, using some full-text search
done with Solr, intending to put it on Heroku.  However, I had
forgotten that Heroku doesn't allow any Solr for free!  So I ripped it
out and looked for alternatives, winding up with pg_search.  I ran up
against some problems, but figured out some workarounds, and wrote
them up in a two-part blog post:

http://www.codosaur.us/2012/09/free-full-text-search-with-heroku-part-1.html

and

http://www.codosaur.us/2012/09/free-full-text-search-with-heroku-part-2.html

Share And Enjoy!
Dave

--
Dave Aronson, Available Secret-Cleared Ruby/Rails Freelancer (VA/DC/Remote);
see www.DaveAronson.com, www.Codosaur.us, and www.Dare2XL.com for more info.