On 13 September 2012 19:22, Kyle A. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> So for the convince of all I have posted my code on gist. I am having
> issues using the ancestry gem to nest comments. the issue is that said
> comment does not nest under the parent comment, instead it is added to
> the end of the comments list.
>
> I have a relationship of tasks to comments, where a task has many
> comments and a comment belongs to task. Your help is appreciated.
>
> My code is posted here: https://gist.github.com/3716160

Have a look at the Rails Guide on Debugging.  That will show you ways
of debugging your code.  First home in on /exactly/ which section is
failing so that rather than saying "comment does not nest under the
parent comment, instead it is added to the end of the comments list"
you can point to a couple of lines of code and say what it is doing
wrong, so you can ask here again.  In practice it is likely that
having homed in on the lines of code you will see yourself what the
problem is.

Colin