I would understand if there was some level of customization involved
that distinguishes it from the super class:

class DoubleRenderError < Error
    DEFAULT_MESSAGE = "Render and/or redirect were called multiple
times in this action. Please note that you may only call render OR
redirect, and at most once per action. Also note that neither redirect
nor render terminate execution of the action, so if you want to exit
an action after redirecting, you need to do something like
\"redirect_to(...) and return\"."

    def initialize(message = nil)
      super(message || DEFAULT_MESSAGE)

But in the exampels I provided in the initial post that was not the
case. ActionNotFound, for example, had no implementation of its own.
It seems to be a waste of memory allocation.