On 11 October 2012 11:08, kiran cy <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote in post #1079401:
>> On 11 October 2012 10:57, kiran cy <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>>> I have a document with tables in it. I want to convert the each cell
>>> present in the table to image.
>>
>> I, for one, have little idea exactly what you mean by this.  What sort
>> of document?  What do you mean by convert each cell to an image?
>> Which part of the problem do you not know how to do (read the
>> document, find the table, find the cell, generate the image, something
>> else)?
>>
>> What has this got to do with Ruby on Rails?
>>
>> Colin
> I just have to upload the ms-word document file and click the upload
> button which should give me the images of the each cell in the table.
>
> how to find the cell and convert to image?

I assume you know how to upload the file (google for rails upload file if not)
Then your next problem is not how to find the cell but is how to read
the ms word doc in ruby.  I don't know, I suggest some googling for
that too.  I think it will also depend on what type of ms word doc
file it is, .doc, docx etc.

You still have not explained what you mean by convert the cell to an
image but I think the other problems are more critical.

Colin

Colin