This is what I am using in one of my projects. It should't be problem to
make it in erb.

--------------------------------
def iframe_helper(if_name)

  opts = { controller: 'somectrl', action: 'index', id: @record.id,
iframe: "if_#{if_name}"   }
  html = "<iframe class='iframe_embedded' id='if_#{if_name}'
name='if_#{if_name}'></iframe>"

  html << <<EOJS
     <script type="text/javascript">
     $(document).ready( function() {
       $('#if_#{if_name}').attr('src', '#{url_for(opts)}');
     });
     </script>
EOJS

  html.html_safe
end
In short:
opts = Hash to make url to display in frame.

iframe html code. if_name=name of iframe.

javascript part which loads iframe code by calling url when document is
loaded. You need jquery for all this to work.

by
TheR