On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Crispin Schäffler
<crispinschaeff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, as I told, i don't know the insides of the error method or the correct
> specification.. Just wanted to give a hint how you could do it to get it to
> work quickly and without much trouble.
>
> And in my opinion its not that dirty to alias a function if you know what
> you do.
> Sure you can use a block to do the mailing.

Until Joe down the street decides he wants to be as clever as you and
alias it to old_method and erase yours accidently, or until Marline
from up the street asks you why there are objects hanging around when
you mean to replace them.  If you intend for :old_method to be an
object on it's parent then great more power to you, if you don't then
unbind the method and use define_method and be cleaner in your source
even if you are already being dirty by monkey patching.