This relates to the new standalone typeahead that Twitter recently
released, not the Bootstrap version, see Twitter
Typeahead.js<http://engineering.twitter.com/2013/02/twitter-typeaheadjs-you-autocomplete-me.html>

I'm trying to integrate this into a rails app to lookup sub-categories from
the db and I'm having trouble trying to get it to work.

I have a local version working with hard coded data that you can see
here: http://jsfiddle.net/v7dJ4/1/embedded/result/

In my rails version I get no errors in the console when I search.

Here is my JS:

$(document).ready(function() {

  $('input.typeahead').typeahead({

    name: 'names',

    prefetch: '/sub_categories/names.json',

    limit: 10

    });

});

If I navigate to http://jog.dev/sub_categories/names.json I get the valid
json data so that part is working:

[["Migrations","Controllers","Models","Associations","Views","Tests"]]

I think my problem is with 'name'. In the
docs: https://github.com/twitter/typeahead.js#datasets it mentions that
name is the string that is used to identify the dataset. Do I need to
inject this into the json?

Any help much appreciated.