Yes, and yes.

That sounds fine.

Just be careful not to optimise prematurely (ie... make design decisions with a
VIEW to the future, but don't let that both you too much in the present).
Chances are when it comes to architecture and optimisation, Ya Aint Gonna Need
It, and when you do, it'll most likely be different than you think it will be
now.

Focus more on the classes in your system than how to efficiently store them at
the inception/design stage.

Julian