I'm working on a videogame database, where users can signup, make game
entries, rate and review them.

I have the Models: User, Game, Rating and Review. Each user can give his
own rating to any game, so I have to pass the game.id to the
ratings.game_id in order to associate ratings to certain games.

And I would like to think that it should work the same way about posting
reviews, but every time I the game.id shall be passed, get a Runtime
Error

"Called id for nil, which would mistakenly be 4 -- if you really wanted
the id of nil, use object_id"

This is what my associations in my models look like

  user.rb
  has_many :reviews, dependent: :destroy
  has_many :reviewed_games, :through => :reviews, :source => :games

  game.rb
  has_many :reviews
  has_many :authors, :through => :reviews, :source => :users

  review.rb
  belongs_to :user
  belongs_to :game

This is my review controller
  def create
    @game = Game.find_by_id(params[:game_id])
    @review = current_user.reviews.build(params[:review])
    @review.game_id = @game.id
    @review.user_id = current_user.id

    if @review.save
      flash[:success] = "review created!"
      redirect_to @review
    else
      render 'new'

And my Form
<%= form_for(@review) do |f| %>
    <%= f.text_area :content, placeholder: "Compose new review..." %>
  <%= hidden_field_tag("game_id", @game.id) %>
  <%= f.submit "Post", class: "btn btn-large btn-primary" %>
<% end %>

The Runtime Error occurs, once I try to open the reviews/new url. When I
dismiss the hidden_field_tag, I receive the review form, but now posting
causes the exact same error (because of the game.id in the create
method).

I really can't explain why this is happening, because the very same way
my whole rating feature is programmed and it works just fine.

Can you Guys help me out?