On Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:29:43 UTC-4, Gianpiero Venditti wrote:

> Hello everybody, i'm using ruby 1.8.6 and rails 1.1.6 for my web app.

Any particular reason you're using a 7-year-old version of Rails? You'd be
*seriously* helped by upgrading to something more modern.

> My app is accessible both in http and https but i would like to enforce
> https only even when the user try to access using http only.
>
> I tried a lot of solutions posted over the web but none worked for my
> rails version (which is very old, I know)
>
> What could I do in order to achieve it? Is there any effective solution
> that can be used with my rails version?

The old ssl_requirement gem is roughly of the same vintage, so it might do
what you want:

https://github.com/rails/ssl_requirement

But seriously, you're going to spend more time struggling with 1.1.6 than
you'll save by not rewriting for a more modern version. For instance, a lot
of the blog posts that were helpful back then aren't even around anymore,
as people move blog hosts + lose content.

--Matt Jones