I have a model called Video that has many statuses. I want to create a
status of each kind and add it to @video.statuses in the def create of
VideosController.

In VideosController, I have:

 def create
    @video = Video.new(params[:video])
    Kind.all.each do |f|
      @video.statuses.new(:kind =>f, :kind_id=>f.id,:comment =>"", :time_comp
=> nil, :completed =>false, :video_id =>@video.id)
    end
    respond_to do |format|
      if @video.save
        format.html { redirect_to @video, notice: 'Video was successfully
created.' }
        format.json { render json: @video, status: :created, location: @video }
      else
        format.html { render action: "new" }
        format.json { render json: @video.errors, status: :unprocessable_entity
}

However, this returns an error that says that the video could not be saved
because the Statuses were invalid. The only validation in my entire project
is in status and it merely checks that there is a video_id. I'm very
confused why I'm getting this error and would appreciate any help!

https://github.com/ninajlu/videos