Hello

I am new to rails and have a design issue. Although I have a proposed
solution I am far from sure how robust it is. I would appreciate any
feedback.

My application is team based:
- A user can only be in one team
- Team members(user) cannot view/edit another team's content

Team A
-User
-Widget
--Part

Team B
-User
-Widget
--Part

I need to:
- identify the team from the user
- create members for a team

So everything is simple - just create a User model that belongs_to the
Team (has_many users). Except I need admin users to manage the teams. My
problem is how best to manage this?

I think I need a User model and a Member model. The user handles
authentication, a user without a member association is an admin and the
member belongs to the Team. Perhaps something like this:

Team
has_many :members

Member
belongs_to :team
has_one :user
attr :team_role

User
belongs_to: member
authenticates!
attr :admin_role

However, this doesn't seem correct because the User still belongs to
Team. I am sure that at least the relationship between user & member is
incorrect. Can you suggest a better (more conventional) solution?

Many Thanks
Polly