I'm a Rails noob for sure, but, you say the code you have here works in
your local environment but not in a staging environment.

The params hash you put here seems to have a specific ids for user,
payment_info_attributes and message.   I would not imagine you have the
exact same data in your local environment as you do in staging.   But, the
error suggests a payment_info_attribute with an id of 816 and/or a
messsage_id of 89 doesn't exist.

If you go into your rails console on staging and type, say,
Payment.find(816) or Message.find(89) do either/both exist?   From the
error I'd say they simply aren't in that database.