Seems like it went well. The site is there. And when I do an update and
push to it with git and run cap deploy again I can see my edits in a file
on the server but not on the webpage.
For example
if I go into the folder current and run "grep -rn 'testingcapdeploy1' *"

I get

app/views/projects/show.html.erb:5:<!--testingcapdeploy1-->

but if I visit the page that change is not seen in the actual page code.

It is an apache passenger setup and otherwise works okay though soon I will
switch to nginx.

Thanks
Al

my cap deploy is below

#$:.unshift(File.expand_path('./lib', ENV['rvm_path'])) # Add RVM's lib
directory to the
require 'rvm/capistrano'  # Add RVM integration
require 'bundler/capistrano'  # Add Bundler integration

ssh_options[:forward_agent] = true
set :deploy_via, :remote_cache
#set :use_sudo, false
load 'deploy/assets'

set :application, "alsstuff2"
set :user, "railsadmin"
set :deploy_to, "/var/www/#{application}"

set :repository, "file:///home/deploy/git/alsBlogRails.git/"
set :local_repository, "file://."
set :scm, :git
set :branch, "master"
default_run_options[:pty] = true

# set :scm, :git # You can set :scm explicitly or Capistrano will make an
intelligent guess based on known version control directory names
# Or: `accurev`, `bzr`, `cvs`, `darcs`, `git`, `mercurial`, `perforce`,
`subversion` or `none`

role :web, "#####"                          # Your HTTP server, Apache/etc
role :app, "#####"                          # This may be the same as your
`Web` server
role :db,  "#####", :primary => true # This is where Rails migrations will
run
#role :db,  "your slave db-server here"

# if you want to clean up old releases on each deploy uncomment this:
# after "deploy:restart", "deploy:cleanup"

# if you're still using the script/reaper helper you will need
# these http://github.com/rails/irs_process_scripts

# If you are using Passenger mod_rails uncomment this:
# namespace :deploy do
#   task :start do ; end
#   task :stop do ; end
#   task :restart, :roles => :app, :except => { :no_release => true } do
#     run "#{try_sudo} touch #{File.join(current_path,'tmp','restart.txt')}"
#   end
# end