Sasmit Sawant wrote in post #1113034:
> I am new to ruby programming. I have just started creating a simple ruby
> application using ruby on rails. I have installed ruby 1.8.7-p371 and
> DevKit successfully.

If you're just getting started with Ruby on Rails then you may want to
seriously consider moving to a more current version of Ruby. If you're
using Rails 3.2.x then use Ruby 1.9.3. If you are using Rails 4.0.rc2
then use Ruby 2.0.

> I am able to run the application using
> http://localhost:3000 but now my requirement is to host the application
> on
> IIS 7 and this is where I am stuck. Can anyone please help me with the
> steps to configure my ruby code on IIS? And also running the code using
> the
> IP address.

Everything I've seen pertaining to running Rails on IIS is using
FastCGI. IMHO this is is a really bad choice for deployment of
production applications. There are many great ways to deploy Rails
applications using open source web servers.

Personally, I use Phusion Passenger along with the Apache web server
with great success. I deploy to Ubuntu Linux on a Virtual Private Server
(VPS).

https://www.phusionpassenger.com

That being said, if you're stuck with IIS for deployment then you may
want to read up on using FastCGI inside IIS. Good luck with that. I
tried FastCGI years ago with a Rails deployment and was never happy with
that setup.