Hi there,

The problem is that you're trying to run a command that's not a part of
Ruby, but just part of the basic command tools Windows provides. When
you type "mkdir lesson2", you're giving the command to create a folder
named "lesson2", however, like I said, this is not part of Ruby and IRB.

Solution is to exit IRB (CTRL+D?) and then putting the command "mkdir
lesson2", after which you can open IRB again to try some Ruby code.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to let me
know :-)