I have two hex values and expect back the value "3007"

What pack does is take the array of hexes and formats them into a string
(if ASCII representation, then ASCII character, otherwise the raw hex as
string). Then I take the string of hexes and unpack them, that is, get the
unsigned int representation of those bytes:
[0xBF, 0xB].pack('C*').unpack('I')[0]

So I expect back 3007, but the above produces nil.

This is what I want to achieve:

[0xBF, 0xB].reverse.inject { |s,v| s * 256 + v }
 => 3007

But I want to use unpack instead of inject.