I've written a gem for this that's also context-sensitive regarding today's
date, so it knows whether a post occurred this Monday or last Monday, for
instance. It extends ActiveSupport::TimeWithZone, so it works with your
ActiveRecord objects out of the box.

https://github.com/brettshollenberger/hublot

Cheers,
Brett