I have a question regarding where to start with a particular app I'm
building. Hoping someone can set me on the right path. The scenario is
pretty straight forward.

This is the hierarchy of info:

States
Towns

Each state has many Towns

Each town has the following pages associated with it.

   - profile
      - geography
      - population
      - demographics
   - leaders
   - budget
   - history
   - recycling
   - maps

Part of my issue, due to lack of experience, is really where to start. I'm
trying to learn what I should be doing first when starting a new project.
I'm not sure exactly what should be models. I think my biggest confusion,
is how to handle the subpages. I want the RESTful urls to be
www.example.com/state/town/profile/geography and so on.