Emil S. wrote in post #1116325:
> The user actually "uses" the email ID and can remember it . I can never
> remember my "usernames" , usually. Also "forgot password" becomes easy
> with
> email ID's . But then again, to each, his own.

Yes "forgot password" is easy that way. It's also easy for the hacker
who hijacks the email account used to sign into the site. Not only does
the owner of the email account lose access to their email itself, but to
any web site that user accesses using their email address as their
login. Worse yet, it's highly likely there's information available in
their email that gives the hacker good clues as to what online services
they actually use.

Convenience is the enemy of security. The trick is to understand the
risks in order to find the right balance. Ideally multi-factor
authentication should be used for any sensitive online service, which is
certainly not convenient, but is vital to protecting online identity.

As for remembering login information, that's what password managers are
for. I myself have well over 100 logins stored in my password manager
each one with unique auto-generated passwords. With such a tool I only
have to remember (and protect) a single password.

Any conveniences employed by online services do nothing for me besides
reduce the level of security of that given service.