On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Tamara Temple <tamouse.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At this stage of the game, it's hard to hear "yer doin it rong" but something
> did go wrong. You should not have received that message if you were following
> the getting started tutorial from the beginning. If you were doing other
> things, you may have created a migration which the system is complaining
> about. My suggestion at this point is to start the Getting Started tutorial
> from scratch with a brand new rails app in a brand new directory.

WAT? Why would you start over when you could just rake db:migrate?
It's quite easy to miss that when it tells you to run it, and missing
it is a far better in how to correctly build migrations than being
told to do it, because now you've learned the hard way to always
migrate.  I find it ignorant that anybody would tell somebody to start
over again rather than tell them how they broke it and to fix it and
the simple solution is: "You forgot to run a migration like they told
you to, lesson: run `rake db:migrate` after every migration.