On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM, honey ruby <emailtohoneyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two projects one projects need gem version of 1.3.7 and another one
> 1.4.2 using RVM can we have two different gem versions.

Also consider vendoring your gems.  I'm not sure how to migrate an
extant project to use this technique, but when you *create* a project,
do "rails new project_name --skip-bundle", cd into the project, and do
"bundle install --path vendor --binstubs".  Then all the gems will be
down under the vendor dir.  This will keep your projects well
separated for minimal interference, and make it much easier for you to
navigate to the source of a given gem if you ever need to see it.  You
can do this with or without rvm, or any other Ruby-version manager.

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC,
secret-cleared freelance software developer