On Sep 26, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Phil Boyce wrote:

> I'm using DigitalOcean as my hosting provider as I have some simple
> sites there.  I thought I'd try to setup rails on a domain there to see
> what I could accomplish.
>
> OS:         Ubuntu 12.04 x32
> Rails:      4.0.0
> Ruby:       2.0.0p247
> nginx:      1.1.19
> MariaDB:    10.0.4
> Passenger:  4.0.19
> node.js:    0.6.12
> Thin:       1.5.1
>
> When I hit the sight, I get "Welcome to nginx!" which is encouraging.  I
> fine (replaced WEBrick with Thin).

This isn't how you deploy on a public server. rails server starts a mini-server
in the console, with logging to stdout, and is meant for localhost hacking
only. Please investigate Passenger (mod_rails) or any other application server,
which you can slot into nginx or Apache2 with great ease. Copy, paste, profit!

Walter