Hi,

If im in the wrong place please redirect me:

I have decided that i'm goignt o jump inand learn rails the hard way. I
know I have to go through the initial learnign curve.  One of them is to
know where to go when you get stuck..  so here goes...

I'm installing on Windows 7. using guide:
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html

Ruby version:1.9.3p392
Rails version:3.2.13

the note on the instructions at:
4.3 Setting the Application Home Page
says:

root to: "welcome#index"

I've un-commented it the routes.rb and saves the file. But now I can not
open the page.

I get  error:  Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:3000

Do i need to reboot routes.rb or server or something? It does not seem to
obey the command in routes.rb or the path is wrong! I've check the
directories and the file is there.

Nat