On 25 October 2013 11:49, Natmanu <natm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Colin,

No, problem.  Could you not top post please, it makes it difficult to
follow the thread.  Insert your reply at appropriate points in

> I'm sure my stubborn nature is going to get me through this learning curve.
>
> when i run: rvm list
>
> the result is:
>
> ruby-2.0.0-p247 [x86_64]
> # => - current
> # =* - current && default
> # * - default
>

> So should i run
> rvm --default use 1.9.3
> or
> rvm --default use 2.0.0

rvm list says you only have 2.0.0 installed, which I see is the one
recommended in the tutorial so that should be ok, so
rvm --default use 2.0.0
Then when you run rvm list again you see it with =* against it showing
that it is the current and default.

Looking at the tutorial I see that Ryan has included the command to
set the default in the section headed Ruby, presumably you missed that
bit.

Colin