On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Sur <sur....@gmail.com> wrote:
> well it'd be interesting to know why you're frustrated out of Symbol
> concepts of Ruby ?

It's hard to explain, fight the good fight long enough you might see
it or you might not, I won't force my views on you.

> I didn't say symbols are better than strings, in fact I asked that it's
> important to know for a developer that why and where they can be used!

It was implied (to me.)

> It's an individual's choice to select a language/framework to achieve the
> solution to a problem, the main aim is to resolve a problem, now once
> decided to go with a language, one hast to know the limits and pros and cons
> of that language which certainly are there the way it's creators have made
> it to.

That's a fallacy as most of the time people do not have this sort of
flexibility, just because you hear all about it on Twitter and from
CTO's and startup's does not mean this is the case most of the time,
if it was then none of us would still be on Rails 2.3 with Ruby 1.8.
While this is not me, I know more developers who get told what they
are going to use then telling what they would like to use and then
using it.

> If someone doesn't know how the class is being loaded once in memory clearly
> means there is huge lack of knowledge about how memory mappings going on
> there. And getting insights of symbols is a great way to get to know more
> about this.

I think this leaves a lot to be explained because you explicitly
mention classes and I do believe this "loaded once in memory" only
applies to the singleton and since classes are meant to be initialized
there could remain many copies of that object with their own state at
the end of the day.  I could be wrong though.