I am a noob to TDD, and I am looking for just one complete and simple
example, that uses FactoryGirl, with rspec, on rails, with a
ActiveRecord::Base model.

If anyone can help me I will be eternally in your dept.

For example:

I have a page that displays a list of file names based on category.

Test:

If the category is good the list of names (@list_of_names) should not be nil

Model (app/models/doclist.rb)

class Doclist < ActiveRecord::Base

    self.table_name = 'mydbo.dbo.doclist'

    self.primary_key = 'id'

    attr_accessible :id, :name, :catname, :catid

end

Call from the controller (app/controllers/general_controller.rb)

@list_of_names = Howto.where("catid=10")

What code would I put in these files?:

spec/factories.rb

spec/models/Doclist_spec.rb