On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM, BeeRich <beer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Turns out mysql is barfing.

That's so sad; maybe some ginger ale and a bit of bed rest will help?

OR maybe post the actual error message/stack trace here?

> My database.yml has my local mysql using a username and password set for all
> three modes (development, test, and production).  I am not sure why this
> isn’t being used as the log says it’s using the production database.  It is
> currently using root, which isn’t set anywhere.

That paragraph doesn't really make sense.

The main question is: can you log into your production database
using the credentials in database.yml? If so, then can you start up
a console in production mode and access the DB?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder