Hello,

I heard from 37signals that this is where the go to people hang out for Ruby on
Rails. I included a full screenshot of my Terminal interaction, as well as a
"brief" explanation below.

I am taking a Ruby on Rails class on Skillshare.com. It's a great class, but
I'm just learning programming. RoR is starting to make some sense to me, but I
am having trouble with the final lesson, which is getting it online. I've asked
our class and instructor (who is very good, no disrespect) for help and haven't
been able to solve it yet. I'm begging for someone to help me.

I'm on a Macbook running 10.7x. When I run 'bundle install', from the command
line, it starts 'Fetching data...' and 'Resolving dependencies.'

Then after it says "Using multi_json (1.8.4)", I get this error:

=====>
Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError: ERROR: Failed to build gem native
extension.

/usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p392/bin/ruby extconf.rb
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

An error occurred while installing atomic (1.1.14), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install atomic -v '1.1.14'` succeeds before bundling.

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::FilePermissionError)
You don't have write permissions into the /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p392
directory.

<============

Any help would be great. I have installed XCODE v.4.6.3 (which is the latest
for OS 10.7x) and the development tools that go with it, but still get the same
error message.

BTW,
I am using the command line from the administrator account, but I previously
installed RoR on my personal account on the computer. So I don't know if it's
trying to access those files when doing the bundle install, but I thought it
was worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help,

Eric