On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:26:45 PM UTC, paul h wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need to post data from my rails app to an external web form I do not
> have any control over. There is no public API, so I was wondering if anyone
> had had a similar problem, and was it possible to to utilize Selenium in
> production in order to automate the form filling - similar to tagging a
> cuke scenario with a @javascript tag in order to automate page interaction.

I don't think you want to use selenium - unless you actually want something
to be launching browser instances and so on (and then you end up having to
install an X server etc. on your production machines)

Have you looked at the mechanize gem? I've used it in the past to fill in
forms as part of a  load testing script.

Fred

I will start looking into Selenium this weekend, but was wondering if