Is this 2 methods inside of which files?

To start I dont see the point of the select here:

oa =OrderAsset.select("order_assets.*").where("order_detail_id =
   #{od_id}")

this is the same as

oa =OrderAsset.where("order_detail_id =
   #{od_id}")

Second thing, you should use a scope for this on the model!

Third:

The way you should call them are completly wrong! one returns a collection
of assets the other one returns an asset.

I also dont understand why you are defining class methods for an
helper(maybe you have a good reason).

So the first one that returns a collection you should actually giving a
name to it like:
(you should use scopes again but now I just wanna give you a naming example)

def get_order_assets_from_detail

and the other one:

def get_order_asset_from_detail

you see the difference on the s?

I hope you understand what I mean, but I think you need to look more into
scopes and how to create decorators! It will give you an insight of what
you should put in a decorator, a model and in a helper!

all the best,

Andre