On Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:09:15 PM UTC+1, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:

> How do I test this in Rspec. I am pretty very new to Rspec. Please help.
> I tried like the below
>
>     describe "next " do
>       it "routes /queues/:queue_id/next" do
>         { :get => "/queues/regular_queue/next" }.should route_to(
>           :controller => "queue_items",
>           :action => "next",
>           :queue_id => "regular_queue",
>           :format => "json"
>             )
>         assigns(:queue).should_not be_nil
>         expect(response).to be_success
>       end
>
> But it is not at all coming inside my next action in controller.

What you've written there is a routing spec - it's just testing that your
routes file maps that path to the correct controller/action. It's not
making a request at all. For that you want a controller spec (these should
be in spec/controllers/ for rspec to detect this as a controller spec.
You'd want something along these lines

describe QueueItemsController do
  describe 'GET next' do
    it 'should assign queue' do