Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Permanent - Direct Hire
Salary: Competitive

We are looking for a talented and motivated software engineer with
excellent problem solving skills and proficient product development
experience. Experience working in the financial world is a plus. We are
building a team of developers in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will provide implementation and deployment of new
products and features.  This role includes coding, troubleshooting,
software support and documentation. Our technology stack includes Ruby,
Rails, Javascript, MySQL, and .Net.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

    Design, develop, modify, test, implement and manage web applications
as assigned by management
    Design, develop and improve automation procedures
    Write well designed, testable and efficient code by using best
software development practices
    Write and maintain detailed documentation
    Troubleshoot in-house software application in a production
environment
    Maintain Legacy systems
    Provide software support to other internal business unit

REQUIREMENT:

    3+ years' experience doing web development using Ruby on Rails
    3+ years database experience (MySQL preferred)
    Version control knowledge and experience (GitHub preferred)
    Experience working in a Linux and Windows environment.
    Ability to follow best known coding standards
    Solid organizational and communication skills.
    Ability to handle heavy workloads and to multi-task with limited
supervision.
    Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent

Additional Valued Skills:

    .Net & C# experience
    Database design and architecture (MySQL preferred)

EDUCATION:

    Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science or Engineering