On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Frederick Cheung
<frederick.che...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 8:28 am, sa 125 <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net> wrote:
>> How would I go about installing rails plugins offline? I cannot connect
>> to the web on my work computer, though I have a dedicated internet
>> machine for downloads and such.
>>

> Installing plugins just copies them to vendor/plugins, so if you can
> download them elsewhere you should be fine.

This isn't entirely accurate. There are some install scripts that can
be run when the plugin includes them. (for example, setting up some
config files for you)

For example, look at the following plugin (one our customers use for
deployment for http://railsboxcar.com/ )

http://github.com/planetargon/boxcar-conductor/tree/master

You'll see in the README that there is a command to run script/runner
install.rb if you're doing manually.

So, if you are doing it manually, make sure to check for an install.rb
(or uninstall if you're removing a plugin)

Cheers,
Robby

--
Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457