I'm working my way through this rails-ember tutorial which you might find
helpful:

    http://ember.vicramon.com/

I was really confused in Ember tutorials early on until I understood the
difference in meanings of certain similar "terms"  used by both Ember and
Rails.  This helps:

http://robots.thoughtbot.com/shared-terminology-yet-different-concepts-between-emberjs-and-rails

Also this is a good comparison on the differences between Ember and
Angular, so you can choose which might fit your needs better.

    http://www.benlesh.com/2014/04/embular-part-1-comparing-ember-and.html

Hope these are useful.