I have in my model :dicts, :cards and :idioms. Each Dict has many Cards
and each Cards has many Idioms. Also,  :idioms has an Integer column
:kind.

 I would like to find out, whether a certain dict object has at least
one Card which has at least one Idiom where :kind has a certain value.

This is my (working) code:

  def has_kind?(dict,kind)
    Card. joins(:idioms). where("dict_id=#{dict.id} and
cards.id=idioms.card_id and kind=#{kind}"). count > 0
  end

This works, but can it be done better? I also tried to omit at least one
of the id comparision by doing something like:

  dict.cards.where("cards.id = ...").count > 0

but this doesn't work ("count" is not applicable in this case).