Hassan is right. I doubt the problem is with your Gemfile.lock so I suggest
starting elsewhere and leaving it alone.

The best thing would be to stash your changes using git and going back to a
working version of the application. Go back to the last version that worked
and see what's different. Alternatively you can keep your current changes
and just figure out what is happening with `place'. Search your files and
make sure that everything is fine around that variable. It's clear the
problem is with that so make sure that every instance of that variable is
working and that should fix the problem that appears with the imports as
well.