Yes there is something like that. Again it's difficult to say because i did
this, but i love the idea of the shiny, diamond door.To me it means that
Rails is a door to Marvels. I'm learning Rails since the 1.6-1.8 and i love
so much what it's become for medium, big internet tools. For small sites,
in one language, Rails still to heavy, there is too much things to do - my
thinking - to think before you can publish. I hate PHP from the start (i
was a Coldfusion dev) but for small sites, with small database and if you
use i.e. Dreamweaver that can write some PHP and connect to the DB, Rails
is no match - unfortunately i think. But when you have a good knowledge of
rails multiplied by Javascript,it's a dream come true, and with the
compilation process you can somehow protect your JS innovation/R&D.
So yes, for me there is something in common with a church and Rails

Warmest Regards