do you know how to tail the development log (I assume not because you are using
puts statements instead of logger.debug statements). You probably want to get
used to using logger.debug(x.inspect)   (where x is the variable you want to
look at) for debugging.

Please tail the development log and show us the controller action & parameters
(copy and paste the whole thing for us).

I recommend using http://gist.github.com for sharing code.

Also, when asking for help, show us the entire Controller code, beginning with
the class definition. (you did not specify if the code is inside of an action)

To debug your problem, you need to know what the value of game_params is, which
you did not show us.

-Jason