Hi all, i'm building my first project in RoR. And i'm now looking into
authentication. A lot of the posts online recommended devise so i'm looking
into that.
I require authentication in a html website and a json api and i'm using
ruby 1.9.3 and rails 4.1.4. Now I have seen that devise has
removed TokenAuthenticatable. Is devise still a good option for token
authentication or are there better options?

I have seen some custom implementations of token authentication with
devise. But i'm reluctant to use these, security is one of those area's I
try to prevent hacking together my own code. My users trust me with their
personal information, and I think I should respect that trust by using a
mature solution, which has the best chance of keeping their data secure.

Just to be clear I'm not running a bank or handling medical data, but still
I don't want to implement the first snippet of code that I see and risk
leaking my users data.

Could someone offer me some advise?

Regards,

Sander