One of my routes looks like this:

admin_pages_home GET    /admin_pages/home(.:format)
admin_pages#home

In one of my views, I have a link to admin_pages_home_path, and clicking
on this link indeed works and renders admin_pages/home.html.erb, as we
can see from the logfile:

Started GET "/admin_pages/home" for 127.0.0.1 at 2014-09-08 15:32:41
+0200
Processing by AdminPagesController#home as HTML
  Rendered admin_pages/home.html.erb within layouts/application (7.6ms)

Now, the weird thing here is that I had forgotten to define a home()
function in AdminPagesController (and I also didn't put one in
ApplicationController). Actually, the only other home method I have is
in a completely unrelated controller.

I wonder how it can be, that clicking on the admin_pages_home_path link,
didn't raise an exception.

Ronald