Is choice method defined anywhere ? >>>> " if choice == 1 "

And keep your permitted params method outside create.
def create

end

  def webnairs_params
    if choice == 1
    params.require(:webnair).permit(:user_id, :ppt, :choice, :title,
:description)
    else
    params.require(:webnair).permit(:user_id, :presentation_id, :choice,
:title, :description)