I posted a question on stackoverflow seeking help. I;ve been asking on the
ruby on rails IRC channel as well. I'm not sure how to fix this issue. I am
new to ruby on rails and I having a hard time getting postgres to work with
my rails app. When I run rake db:create or rake db:migrate, I get these
errors

could not connect to server: No such file or directory

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26376751/pgconnectionbad-could-not-connect-to-server-no-such-file-or-directory