Here's some other thoughts I had on macs after looking at this page
and browsing around some sections on the bottom:
http://developer.apple.com/macosx/architecture/index.html

 I think it might be cool sometime to maybe do some programming with
ITunes if I could think of some cool projects. I never download all of
my podcasts automatically, but sometimes I might be interested in
knowing which of my favorite podcasts have updated as I am more
interested in some than others and looking at each one individually is
time consuming, maybe there's some other things I might think of at
some point.

 I like the idea that MAC OS probably comes with a linux C++ compiler
and maybe I could write some ruby gems in C++.

 If the MAC has some decent free API's for audio, video, or other
peripherals, I might want to play around with stuff of that sort.

All that kind of stuff could potentially help me build my resume up a
bit and be interesting ..

I looked at the MAC laptop that has 2 gig of memory for a round $1300
that looked interesting ..