Hi all,

I was recently working on a project where I was hoping to utilize Sprockets
for all the things that it was good at, but to inject the assets sources
directly onto the page as opposed to linking to the assets by URL. Thus,
this gem was born! Although this gem includes a zero-config integration
with Rails, it can be used with Sprockets outside of Rails as well.

You can view simple example usage with images, scripts, and stylesheets in
the test Rails application
here:
https://github.com/cookrn/direct_inject/tree/master/test/dummy/app/views/pages

This is the initial public release and I am looking for feedback on
usability, quality, etc.

Some links...

* Code: https://github.com/cookrn/direct_inject
* Gem: http://rubygems.org/gems/direct_inject