We do get a fair amount of requests to random HTTP verbs and file types,
but the system usually handles that just fine (throwing an unknown request
exception would be desired behavior.)  What concerns me about this is that
I'm seeing unexpected behavior, based on the addition of a period in the
URL. Something is getting parsed in an usual way somewhere in the stack...