On 8 February 2015 at 20:59, Charles Kronk <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> (Apologies in advance...I can't seem to format this post
> correctly...before answering, please let me know how to force
> newlines/format code!!)

That is more a matter of knowing how to control your email program is
it not?  We can't really help with that here.

> I've seen this error often and have tried to get to understand it based
> on other posts, but to no avail.
>

> I'm very new to Rails and so my lack of knowledge of the theoretical
> framework here is likely the cause of this pitfall, but I would
> absolutely love it if someone could please lead me up to what exactly
> needs to change to avoid the error:
>

> The exact error is:
>

> Application(#70358560838160) expected, got String(#18246440)
>

> Extracted source (around line #27):
>

>>  # POST /applications.json
>>  def create
>>    @application = Application.new(application_params)

I suspect, though not certain, that Application may be a reserved
word.  Apart from anything else are you not going to get confused with
a file application_controller.rb and another
applications_controller.rb?

I suggest trying a different model name.

Colin