On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 2:25:54 PM UTC+5:30, Padmahas Bn wrote:

> Hello all, I referred the rails guides from documentation section, but I
> cannot solve this problem.
>
> Problem:
> 1. I have member and receipt model (which should have corresponding
> members and receipts table).
> 2. Now I created a model called recovery to write some business logic.
> (logic must be in models right?)
> 3. And I have not created any association between any of the models.
>
> What I want to do:
> 1. I just want to retrieve all the member_code from members table whose
> 'status' is "active" from within *recovery model.*
> 2. Once all member_code are available I want to compare those member_code
> with the member_code of receipts table. If those member_code exists in
> receipts table, I'll run some business logic only on those members.
>
> *So all I want to do is access the attributes of *members* and *receipts*
> table from recovery model and I have created a button "start recovery
> process" in view.html.erb of recoveries. I would like to execute the
> business logic written inside recovery model once I press this button.*
> How can I point the button to the code inside model? Because by default it
> will pointing to actions inside controller right?
>
> Can I do this without creating associations? Or is it compulsory?
>
> Please help me

Hello Collin Law,
Thank you for replying. To make clear why I want to do above things, here
are the details. And yes I started with railstutorials.org and I was able
to create successful login page  etc. But this is the logic part I'm trying
to implement. Here is the details.

1. If I generate members model, then members table will be created in the
database

2. If I generate recovery model, then recovery
"-----------------"---------------------------".

3. And there is *no* association or any type of relation(one to many,
has-many, belongs-to) between these two tables.

Now is it possible to access data of members table such as member_code,
member_status (active or inactive) etc from recovery model?

If possible how?

1. I have members model and the table with so many attributes but right now
I'm interested in member_code and member_status.

2. I have loan model and the table. Attributes I'm interested in are
loan_type (joint loan or personal loan).

3. I have receipts table (Which contains the information of how much of the
loan are already cleared by all members).

4. Now this is the special case. This model called recovery, I created it
just because I read that business logic should be implemented inside the
model and this model will calculate the remaining amount to be paid by each
members.

*May be members, loan and receipts table have association or relation
between them, but in this recovery model all I want to do is just to read
data from different tables and process the data and finally store them
inside recovery table.*

How can I achieve this ?